Ana Maria PimentalDPM Request An Appointment
- Foot & Ankle
Ana Maria Pimentel, DPM, is a board certified, fellowship-trained podiatrist and foot and ankle surgeon who treats patients conservatively and, when necessary, surgically for a variety of conditions. Specifically, she treats conditions such as painful bunions, hammertoes, ingrown toenails, plantar warts, ankle sprains, Achilles tendon injuries, and flatfoot deformities. She also treats patients with sports injuries and traumatic fractures, severe arthritis of the foot and ankle, and performs joint replacements. Additionally, she treats diabetic wounds and complex deformities such as Charcot arthropathy, which often requires limb salvage reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Pimentel is a big proponent of patient education. “I love explaining health conditions to patients thoroughly and ensuring they understand their diagnosis and treatment plans,” she says. “I believe preventive care is critical and conservative management for most foot and ankle conditions are the most effective, especially when a patient is empowered with the information and tools necessary to help them improve,” she adds.
Dr. Pimentel is a member of the American Podiatric Medical Association, The American Board of Podiatric Medicine, and the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons.
Dr. Pimentel is bilingual in English and Spanish. She is passionate about nutrition and wellness and when not seeing patients, she loves to cook and making nutrient-dense, fun, and delicious meals.
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
Education & Training
- Medical School, DPM, New York College of Podiatric Medicine, New York, NY
- Undergraduate, B.A., Biological Sciences, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
- Residency, Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, St. Mary’s General Hospital, Passaic, NJ
- Fellowship, Podiatric Fellowship, Active Orthopedics & Sports Medicine