Jan ShimM.D. Request An Appointment
- Diplomate in Gastroenterology
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Member, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- Undergraduate: Williams College, Williamstown, MA
- Medical School: Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- Medical School: Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA
- Fellowship: St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY
- Fellowship: Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY
- Internship and Residency: Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY
Dr. Shim is board certified in gastroenterology. She has been in private practice since 1997 and sees patients at two offices, Manhattan, New York, and Fort Lee, New Jersey. Her practice is limited to gastroenterology and hepatology. She is a member of the American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
Dr. Shim performs endoscopic procedures (upper endoscopy and colonoscopy) at ambulatory surgery centers. They are certified by state-recognized accreditation agencies. All the procedures are performed safely and painlessly with an anesthesiologist on-premises.
Dr. Shim received her bachelor of arts degree from Williams College where she graduated with honors in chemistry. She started at Harvard School of Dental Medicine and went on to complete her medical school education at Washington University School of Medicine. After graduation, she finished an internal medicine internship and residency at Mount Sinai Medical Center. She then went to St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center for gastroenterology fellowship and Mount Sinai Medical Center for hepatology fellowship.
She is affiliated with Lenox Hill Hospital & NYU, located in Manhattan, New York.